By Coach Kaitlyn Bauer
Running out of creativity with snacks? Just remember… throw the conventional “snack” food idea out the window. A snack is whatever you want it to be. Any meal is for that matter. You want shrimp for breakfast….doooooooo it! Here are some snack ideas to hopefully break you out of your rut. Thank you to some of my clients for their input, too!
SNACKS WITHOUT MEAT
- Hard boiled eggs with a spiced Trader Joe’s pickle on top. -Natalie C.
- Kodiak Cakes with fat-free milk and eggs. – Liz F.
- Bowl of oatmeal with a little maple syrup, almond milk, and cinnamon.
- Cottage cheese and peaches (canned, no sugar added). – Michelle H.
- Stovetop popcorn! – Nina H.
- Yasso frozen yogurt- especially the chocolate brownie kind. Also, Outshine fruit bar for carbs. – Brittni W.
- Fat-free or 2% Greek yogurt & mini chocolate chips or jimmy sprinkles.
- Fresh berries or sliced banana and whipped cream.
- Protein frosting: 1 scoop vanilla protein, 3 tbsp fat-free evaporated milk, 1 tbsp zero calorie sweetener, sprinkles for garnish
- Reduced fat string cheese and apple slices.
- Hummus or yogurt dip and raw veggies.
SNACKS WITH MEAT
- Half a sweet potato, smoked salmon, and dijon mustard. -Brooke L.
- Rolled up deli meat and sliced tomatoes & spicy mustard.
- Roasted sweet potato, pre-cooked ground turkey and BBQ sauce.
- Beef, turkey, salmon, pork jerky.
- Flavored tuna packages and sweet potato Good Thins.
- Cooked ground turkey, oatmeal, balsamic vinegar, and chopped spinach mixed together.
- Scrambled egg white, chopped up deli meat, in a low carb tortilla with salsa.