I did that thing again. I woke up at 2am to take Bonny out and then couldn’t fall asleep. I almost gave up trying, but managed to sleep a little more from 5-7.
3 hours of awake while Bonny slept soundly.
Guess who else was awake?? Baby bump and 1 million frogs.
As I lay in bed wishing for sleep, baby girl was doing acrobatics in my belly. She punched and jabbed and flipped and turned. And I listened to the most amazing chorus of frogs.
Every part of the country is different, and I remember frogs in Florida…but Washington frogs are next-level loud in the spring. Plus there is water everywhere.
It’s actually beautiful and really cool. I can’t really say it was the frogs…or baby girl keeping me up. I was just….up.
I feel pretty grouchy after a crap night’s sleep. I have a lot of complaints in my head at this moment… life stuff…body stuff.. kid stuff…Navy stuff….but honestly my emotional state is probably pretty impacted by fatigue.
I don’t want to make a habit of starting each day with a list of complaints. And I don’t get a “pass” just because I am writing you.
Instead here are 5 things that make me happy… right now.. this moment.
1. Daisy and Bonny are almost friends. Daisy has crossed over from hate to tolerate… to “like you I guess” and seems happier overall.
2. There are flowers and signs of spring everywhere.
3. Josh will be home in less than 8 weeks.
4. I had so much fun this week coaching people inside Fit Me Nutrition. My “work” is something I love.
5. I have the most amazing friends. Regardless of geographical location they make me feel loved and supported…. and I admire them greatly.
O.k. that’s it for now. wait…one more list…
Since I started this email, Bonny has collected from around the house:
2 shoes from different pairs
1 fleece jacket
1 stick (that somehow is inside and should be outside)
2 stuffed animals
1 plastic ball
Ok…now I can go.
If you woke up today feeling meh…hit me back with a happy list. Or if you can’t do that… you better get to collecting and beat Bonny’s list.